2010-09-19

Photo of the Week 2010-09-20

dog fight ?


Photographing an event such as The Tiger Boys Annual Air Day can present a number of challenges and a number of opportunities. There were a several vintage aircraft on display and executing regular take-off, landings and fly-bys at the small local airport. The event provided great access to the to the aircraft, pilots and airport grounds.

The challenge for me was to make an image that presented a subject in period context. It can be difficult to eliminate the background elements that give away the present day scenario. I had considered paying to take a ride in one of the open-cockpit aircraft to get a similar image. As it turned out, I was able to get in position on the ground to align 2 aircraft and get this image. I'm pleased with the result ... even though someone may think that I get too close to the action.
lol

DJE

1 comment:

  1. Who me? I think at some point we both almost got run over :-)

    Great vision Doug and congratulations on having the skills required to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete