2010-09-12

Photo of he Week 2010-09-13

roadside morning


Making images on my previous trip to Manitoulin was easy compared to this one. The scenery and subject matter from Winnipeg to Kenora to Fort Frances to Red Lake and back is wonderful ... mostly the weather just sucked ! My expectations were high with the opening leg of my trip conducted in the best weather I would see. Sunset viewed from the 9th floor restaurant of the Best Western, Lakeside Hotel, Kenora on the first day was fabulous, but I was spent and the camera was in the room ... so much for the best chance for an image I would have.

This image is from the second leg of the trip, from Kenora to Fort Frances. I started out on Thursday morning and was able to catch a few images of mist on some of the many lakes as I drove 17 east then 71 south. There is a roadside pull-off just south of Rushing River Provincial Park where I stopped to make a few images including this one. A little adjustment in LR and some help from Topaz Adjust and it's almost acceptable.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment