2010-07-19

Photo of the Week 2010-07-19

Crawford Lake IR


The urge to create some Infrared (IR) images after experimenting with an inexpensive 720 nm filter has caught up with me. IR images have a surreal quality that enhances the visual impact. I have chosen to convert to a B&W IR version of the image here.

Exposures on my digital camera bodies have require approximately +12.5 stops and the resulting long shutter speeds require absolute camera stability. This weekend I had the opportunity to try out a friend's tripod and ball head for added stability for my 7D body with battery grip and 24-105 f4 L lens. Technique and equipment can be put to the test when making exposures in the 30 second range. I'll be looking to replace my current tripod and head soon.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment