2010-06-21

Photo of the Week 2010-06-21

There is a wooded area beside the highway that I pass nearly every day on my way to work. It takes on a different character as the seasons progress. Lately I have been struck by the lush green foliage backlit by the morning sun as I begin my commute. Sunday was the day to stop and take a walk in ...

morning green


The story behind this week's image:

I had an opportunity this past week, to hear Canadian freelance photographer Andre Gallant give a
presentation on his images, style and inspiration in photography. Several of my friends and I attended the event and were treated to an engaging, entertaining and enlightening evening. It was particularly interesting to listen to Andre speak of his creative journey and how he is currently inspired by certain techniques.

I decided to give his "Dreamscape" technique a try. It's basically his personal recipe for an Orton Effect using 2 original images and layering in Photoshop. There are many actions available for Photoshop to apply an Orton Effect to a single image and I have played with these a bit in the past. In an attempt to see if I could capture some of the excitement that Andre described that evening, I tested it out.

DJE


2 comments:

  1. crisp picture! love the whole idea of the shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HB, The technique I used gives each image a completely new feel. I just worked well with this one, enhancing the green foliage in the morning sun.

    ReplyDelete