In search of a source image to work on for last week's 'POW', I found some previously overlooked shots from my time inside Saint Peter’s Basilica. The structure is incredibly ornate and impressive, even from a non-religious perspective. The architectural lines, arches, domes and details adorned with magnificent works of art are a sight to behold.
A trip down memory lane sparked by over 1500 images captured during our 2013 trip has me again considering that book that that I've threatened to publish as a memento of the wonderful time we had. At very least, I should get back to printing and run some of them off and mount them in frames around the house ...
... hmmmmm, well for now, here are the shots from St. Peter's that I referred to at the outset. The interior lighting was low compared to the bright sunshine outside, making for a scene with wide dynamic range. I chose to expose for a darker, dramatic feel while still capturing some of the shadow details.
... Oh and I was messing around with white balance in post to cool down what was a very warm scene. Looking to match colour tomes with the darker chosen exposure level. Just to mess about, I created a third version of each file by overlaying the warm/cold version and used a diagonal mask to reveal part of each.
Comments, thoughts, questions welcomed.
DJE







No comments:
Post a Comment