2024-02-19

Photo of the Week 2024-02-19

 
From my blog post almost a year ago ...
 
"Experimentation is sort of like R&D for my creative mind. It can fuel my inspiration and lead me enthusiastically in new directions or let me wander and simply provide rest and distraction from the normal routine. Once started, an experiment can quickly run it's course, amble on for long periods ultimately leading nowhere, or even pause for a while until the time is right to pick it up again, tomorrow, next week, next month, a year or more from now."
 
... and after a pause of nearly a year, the time was right to pick up again on a creative idea, and experiment, ' Rural Winter '
 
In the intervening months since producing the first small set of images for my 'Rural Winter' series, that creative fire has been smouldering, subtle but always active just below the surface, ready to accept the next charge of fuel, spark up and head off again. I say "that" creative fire because for me there are several, perhaps many fires burning in various stages. 
 
This particular fire sparked to life again on a foggy January morning and I headed out with cameras and a few visual sketches that came together in a handful of images, this my favourite.

' rural winter mist - I '

I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed the process of creating it.
 
DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment