2023-07-10

Photo of the Week 2023-07-10

 
Heading out for Murphy's morning walk, I had noticed the lingering fog and grabbed a camera ...
 
' misty morning pea '

... and I should have also followed my own advice to check / reset camera settings  when done with the previous shoot.
 
As it turned out, I was able to save this image (shot accidentally at ISO 25600) in post with Topaz DeNoise AI software. Given that there was plenty of light and a very well exposed (perhaps too well) image, the noise wasn't as bad as one might expect, but it wasn't good.
 
My morning walk about camera is usually one of my EOS M-Series bodies (M3,M5). The APS-C sensor technology in these cameras is 7-8 years old and not on par with the latest offerings. But it did produce an nice rendition of the ethereal scene that greeted us at the end of the driveway when we turned to walk down the road.

Morning mist was lingering between the trees on either side. Sun was rising and burning through the fog, quickly as a matter of fact. So quick that when I checked the exposure in camera, reset the ISO to 'Auto" and went back to re-shoot the image, mist had disappeared further don the road and the moment was gone. But I still had this ;-)

Note to self: follow your own advice :-O
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment