2021-02-22

Photo of the Week 2021-02-22

 

From a second trek out to the Huron shore at the Cape Hurd Nature Reserves ...

Wide Winter Huron
... more wintry than the previous trip, we sat a while on the snow and ice covered shore, listening to the musical movement of floating ice shards on the gentle swells of Lake Huron.
 
The grandeur of some views can only be conveyed in a panoramic image. For this scene, not having brought my tripod, I made 8 handheld exposures rotating left to right. Combining the frames later while post processing, I cropped in on the sides to cover what I estimated to be a 120* arc which, according to Wikipedia, approximates the human visual field. So this is what my eyes took in as I sat and stared ... 
 
Though panoramic images do not display well on mobile devices, they are wonderful when displayed across the full width of a 24" or larger monitor display.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment