2020-11-23

Photo of the Week 2020-11-23

I've made a lot of images at or from our neighbour's dock in the last while. With the late fall sun setting off Cape Hurd, it provides a nice vantage point and gives me a foreground element to work with. In this image, it's the reflection of the red sunlight on the dock side-boards in that foreground that make the shot ... in my opinion.
 
' dock ablaze '
 
Sunset arrives early these days up at the tip of the peninsula. To catch the sun's orb as it hits the horizon, I need to be out well before 5:00, earlier if I want to capture the sun higher in the sky with it reflecting off the water. Earlier on this day, a sunset image didn't seem likely. The sun was well behind a layer of heavy cloud and it appeared they might be no sunset colour to speak of. 
 
But when I went out to fire up the BBQ grill for dinner, a developing red hue sent me inside to grab a camera :-)
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment