2020-07-06

Photo of the Week 2020-07-06

Scanning though the library for files captured with a particular camera, I came across an image that I had marked for processing and never got back to ... that was in 2014 ;-)

Well, this weekend it was time. I recall the outing with a couple of friends where we explored the trails around Spencer Gorge in Dundas. I'm not even sure if the trails are still accessible as I'd heard part of the route was closed after landowners finally got fed up with the nonsense taking place in and around their home. (that is another story entirely and you can read about it here if you like). But when we explored on an October morning back in 2014 it was lovely.

I recall working to find the right composition of a scene with a fence skirting the edge of the trail with large overhanging branches for an old maple tree. It was during a time when I was experimenting with camera modes and setting and I screwed up a number of shots, overexposing by almost 2 stops ... talk about expose to the right. I really liked the scene and one composition I processed for an B&W sketch effect, marked it and others for further processing and that was it ... until now.

With the original capture overexposed,  I got the idea (from my recent buttercup image) to work with it an create a higher key, more ethereal version of the image and eventually worked up a B&W image and finally one corrected for the overexposure (ain't the new processing tools wonderful ;-)

I like 'em all. You decide if you like one better than the others.

Grand Old Maple (as captured)

Grand Old Maple (B&W)

Grand Old Maple (recovered)

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment