2019-10-21

Photo of the Week 2019-10-21

Fall is a great time to get out and work on forest scenes here in Ontario, and then it can be almost too easy when fall colours are at their peak. Pointing the camera almost anywhere when you're in or near a forest can result in some striking photos. The colours are always inspiring and it's great getting out to bask in the forest, taking in the sounds, the sights, the smells and it's healing goodness.

As I said last week, "Capturing the feel, the true feel of a forest scene is challenging" and I've been out working on it. The recent forest scenes I've been capturing are a work in progress. As I strive to translate what I feel into a finished image, it's taking quite a bit of work, quite a bit of time and ... I just don't have anything ready to share for this week's photo. But soon, I hope.

Sunsets are awesome at this time of year as well, soooo ... on Sunday evening just as we finished dinner, the mist on the bay was calling and I headed out to see what day's end had to offer. Though not the heavy low lying mist over the water I had hoped for, there was still a very light haze across the water heading out to Lake Huron as I paused to watch and capture that mighty orb falling below the horizon ... going under.


going under

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment