2019-09-16

Photo of the Week 2019-09-16

I've put the sunset photo posts on hold while I've been out exploring the world with my infrared converted camera. Not everyone will be a fan of this recent work, I get that and I'm OK with it. This blog and the path of it's posts log a 'Photographic Journey', one that is still underway, turning unexpectedly at times and perhaps looping back at others, always moving ... not necessarily forward, sometimes slow, imperceptibly slow, sometimes quickly ... always exploring.

In recent weeks, I've been deliberately concentrating on photographing heritage bridges in the Grand River Watershed in infrared then post processing using different methods ... exploring.

For this week's images of the Irvine Street Bridge north of Salem, the processing took a curve when the overcast skies created a blue colour cast to anything not foliage. Blue concrete and limestone rock simply did not look right. I guess one could say that the IR images I been posting all don't look right, but in this case I was exploring alternate processing methods and they just didn't give me what I was after ... until I removed the blue.

And now we have 'sans bleu'

Irvine Street Bridge - IR sans bleu
Irvine River - IR sans bleu

Irvine Arch - IR sans bleu

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment