2019-03-11

Photo of the Week 2019-03-11



"Learning never exhausts the mind."   -   Leonardo da Vinci
Learning never exhausts the mind. Leonardo da Vinci
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/learning
Learning never exhausts the mind. Leonardo da Vinci
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/learning

Following a recent Wayne Fisher presentation on B&W architectural / fine art photography, I was inspired to take some of the ideas and techniques discussed and apply them to my own images. I had some candidates from my image catalogue in mind for this exercise and ...

... I like the results.

Gehry Swoop

The 2013 image above, of the Gehry staircase at AGO, proved a worthy candidate for B&W treatment in the style I had in mind.

Another pair of candidates from the same outing to the AGO also suited the treatment.

Gehry Curves
Gehry Up

I think it's time to fire up the printer ...

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Holy shades of B&W! Love the curves and shades Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian. It's easy when you start with shape and form that are world class.

      Delete