2019-02-11

Photo of the Week 2019-02-11

Disappointment turned into a nice little series of images ...

Arriving at a location with thoughts of a particular image, anticipation can quickly turn to disappointment for the photographer. Particularly with outdoor photography, weather can offer an alternate scenario and as the old adage goes "when life gives you ... " you make art.

Expecting cold exposed water with chunks of ice floating up and down on the waves, I had brought my tripod and ND filter along anticipating some long exposure shots with an ethereal look to them. As I made shore at the bottom of the access trail, disappointment welled up ... initially. And then I got on with it, making a nice little series of images, my favourite being 'wrapped in winter', panorama that I've printed 35" wide for framing.

wrapped in winter






Others from the series ...






... the lead image being printed




... the final print




DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment