2018-11-05

Photo of the Week 2018-11-05

A recent post by a friend, sent me into my library catalogue to search images from 6 years ago. I knew I had photographed the same location and wanted to check dates and other specifics before commenting on their post ... but while browsing the library, as often happens, some images now speak to me more powerfully than they did initially, those years ago.

I found it difficult to explain why the image below had been sitting, just sitting in my library without being shown ... until now.

standing in the mist
I recall the experience of making this photograph, as vividly as if it were just recently. The silence of a lonely road, interrupted periodically by the sound of an approaching vehicle. The dampness of the mist floating over my bare hands in the cool morning air, seeing the steam from my breath and feeling the loving embrace of nature.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment