2017-05-08

Photo of the Week 2017-05-08

After 36 hours of non stop rain, with more of the same in the forecast over the weekend, I was looking forward to a change of venue, some quite time at the cottage with a book and a hot beverage ...

... so I was surprised when a dry road and no sign of rain earlier in the day greeted us on the highway just north of Wiarton. A few kilometres later there was hint of sunlight breaking through in a think band along the western horizon.

We turned into the cottage driveway just as sun was setting. I hurried down to the shore to grab a few quick images before I missed what might be the only sun I'd see for a few more days. But there was more ...

Saturday evening, another wondrous sunset, and such intensity !

Intensity
The colours were so intense in the immediate sky around the sun, I decided to zoom in as much as possible to isolate that section of the sky.

DJE

3 comments:

  1. Beyond fabulous!! That shot had to "make" your weekend Doug!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari, it certainly was a dramatic sunset.

      Delete