2017-04-17

Photo of the Week 2017-04-17

Phoenix Rising

I've been looking for another location to shoot sunset photos now that the sun dips below the horizon further north, past the mouth of Hay Bay. So when we arrived at the cottage for a weekend stay recently with timing and conditions just right ... I grabbed a camera and headed out to investigate.


When shooting sunsets over the water, I often use the reflecting colours of the sky and textures of the clouds as foreground. With this location, I had envisioned having some of the rock along the shore or the small islands available to position in the frame as foreground elements ... as it turns out, here I could compose to use both.

This particular sunset was glorious and I spend a considerable amount of time making quite a number of images at different spots, with different compositions. You can see a couple of the others here and here.

... the best part, if I can't get sunset from our shore, this location is not far from us, actually all I needed to do was walk all of a couple hundred meters down the road :-)

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment