2015-10-19

Photo of the Week 2015-10-19

Down with a cold that's kept me coughing, wheezing and sniffing since Friday, I couldn't muster the initiative to get out for anything this weekend let alone a hike, which would have been beautiful with the fall colours at their peak. Instead, I treated myself with meds, hot lemon water and as much rest as I could get in between coughing bouts. And during those times when I my head would clear from the cold and the meds, I clicked through my image library looking for something to use for this week's photo.

fall under a maple
A little over a week ago when fall colours were just beginning to arrive close to home, this image was made on my way out the driveway of an office I frequently work at. Some might possibly recognize the location without prompting but I doubt it. Why? Because as a photographer, I know first hand how photographers look at things differently. We see the colour, the depth, the quality of light and it's magical ability to transform scenes both familiar and not.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment