2015-03-30

Photo of the Week 2015-03-30

I've been working on processing a number of images for a Fine Art series for well over a year. Yes, well over a year. Made on a trip to Italy in 2013, I have been using a different processing approach to transform the original captures into something unusual, at least for me.

The idea for the series came to me while reviewing images from the trip and reliving what I experienced while making them. Not just the memory of being back there but the sense I had while working to capture what I saw and felt at the time. Struck by the knowledge that these scenes and locations were far older than anywhere I had been before, if I closed my eyes I could almost feel the past. It was as if there were echoes of previous times merging with the present. For this series I attempted to create the visual equivalent..

"ECHOES" (a work in process)

  Echoes are reflections, arriving some time after the direct sound
  Echoes are reflections of prior events
  Echoes grow fainter with time, some blur, others twist, turn and move

  Echoes can be indistinguishable from the original

















These are a few of the images that I'm happy enough with to share. The series still remains very much a work in process. My approach to processing may continue to be refined over time as I select more images to transform.

Ultimately, I'd love to see these up in an Italian restaurant or banquet hall. I'll have to work on that.

I'm always interested in feedback from those who follow my blog or those who just stumble on this post. Feel free to use the comment section or send me a personal message.

"I am not interested in shooting new things - I am interested to see things new." - Ernst Haas


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment