2015-03-16

Photo of the Week 2015-03-16

... time for another walk in the woods, this time the local woods in Preservation Park, Guelph near home.
late winter beech
Saturday came and I found myself in Guelph instead of Tobermory. My regular photo buddies had both decided to pass on a photo outing for one reason or another and I decided at the last minute to switch up a scheduled visit with my mother for a misty morning outing in Preservation Park.

I love this place on mornings, particularly when there is a mist or fog moving through the bare trees in late winter / early spring. Saturday was just such a day so I geared up for the conditions, taking my waterproof 3in1 jacket, ice cleats, waterproof gloves and hat along with my photo equipment in a small backpack.

I didn't wander far, but I did wander quite a while. Sometimes alone, sometimes stopping to chat with others enjoying a walk their dogs. I made images with 3 different cameras. I used an ultra-wide angle 14mm on the 5DIII, a 70-300 tele-zoom on the 7DII, but it was the little EOS M with the 18-55 kit lens that I captured the above image with, one of my favourites form the outing.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! I spent hours and hours wandering the trails there the lst few years we lived in Guelph; lived on the edge of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FG, I spent well over a couple of hours just walking around in a small area of the park enjoying the sights and sounds.

      Delete