2015-01-05

Photo of the Week 2015-01-05

Happy New Year and welcome to 2015

For the 8th time I went in search of first light, answering the call, meeting the challenge of a friend to capture an image at sunrise (first light) of the new year.

For the second year in a row, I was unable to take up the challenge in the company of like minded souls, few that they are. While Alan, Grant, Cathy and Tom, the biggest contingent to date, struck out for locations south (can you call Hamilton south?), I bundled up and walked a full 50m to the shoreline, set up the camera on the tripod and turned it back at the inviting warmth of the cottage and planted my feet to bolster against 50 km/h wind gusts to shield the camera.

My intention was to capture some of the feel from that cold blustery morning, so I used a long shutter speed to capture some of the movement in the trees. This shot was taken at 8:06 am, official sunrise.

"First Light" 2015
 ... and no that wasn't it. I actually stayed out for about an hour making more images, trying to capture the essence of this first day of 2015 arriving. Following that, it was a walk with Lynn, Cathy and the dogs along the road, somewhat more sheltered.

DJE

1 comment:

  1. I really like the motion in the tree tops. You are to be congratulated for your dedication and intestinal fortitude. Jim

    ReplyDelete