2014-06-02

Photo (set) of the Week 2014-06-02

I am fascinated by the Georgian Bay shoreline along the Bruce Peninsula. In particular, I love the colour of the water which ranges from clear through, teal, Caribbean blue, to deep dark blue as the depth increases moving away from shore.

A while back, I created a set (now album) of images on my flickr stream entitled "Georgian Blue" and now I have added a sub-set called "hues of blue" that will consist of a dozen images from a recent mid-day trek to Halfway Log Dump, Bruce Peninsula National Park.

Enjoy ...












DJE

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow... I really _did_ enjoy that! Those colours! The coastline where I live has lots of seaweeds and is so much darker than this. I can get glimpses of the turquoise sea colour if there's an autumn storm with breaking waves or if the sun is caught through a wave, but never if the ocean is still like this. What we do have, however, is a magnificent light right before sunset, with very pale pastel colours, like they have in Skagen, Denmark, and which attracted - and I guess still attracts - so many painters (and photographers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit :-)
      These images are all taken facing basically N-NE. I really must get there in the morning to watch and photograph sun rise. The location is one of 2 National Parks on the Bruce Peninsula that separates Lake Huron from Georgian Bay (sometimes called the 6th Great Lake). I can get within roughly 1 km by car and then must hike the remainder on well prepared trails so it should not be a problem, just getting up and going for 5:00 am can be a challenge ;-)

      Delete