2013-06-10

Photo of the Week 2013-06-10

While there have been periods where I have struggled and thought I would never make another good image, so far I've been able to work through them. I'm usually able to find inspiration in a location or in a subject from a weekend outing to produce an image for this weekly blog post. If not, there is always my library of images to turn to. Writing for the blog on the other hand is different. I cannot say that the writing comes easy ... ever. Sometimes it's easier, but never really easy ... so this week, lacking something insightful to say, I have just a little on the background to the photograph I've chosen. 

Lynn and I had been planning another day trip to one of my favourite places in Ontario, the Bruce Peninsula. With a forecast that looked promising we left early in the morning and as it turned out, the closer we got to the Bruce, the better the weather became. After stopping briefly in Hope Bay and Barrow Bay on the east, we arrived at Lion's head and decided to stretch our legs. Walking down to the beach, I pointed out the harbour lighthouse and mentioned to Lynn that it was the subject of one of my photos in last year's calendar and suggested that we pick up something to eat at the local grocery for a picnic at the marina facilities where we could look out over Georgian Bay.

As we sat and enjoyed lunch under clear skies, we watched and I made a number of images of some sailboats just off the harbour entrance and along the escarpment bluff. For the one below, I zoomed in with the lens on my 7D to isolate just one boat keeping the clouds and horizon dominant in the frame, creating a feeling of isolation. I softened the skies and water in post processing to create a serene effect

still sailing
Later as we made our way along one of the country roads to the west side, I noticed some wildflowers at the roadside and stopped to make a few images. For these, I used processing to give them a slight painterly effect.

roadside painting
 












Blue-eyed Grass
Enjoy your week.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment