2013-06-16

John - for Father's Day

Father's Day, a day when it feels very appropriate to talk about photography, since it was my father that introduced me to it, way back when ...

Going through the collection of family photos, of which I now have the privilege to be custodian, it proved a bit of a challenge to find a suitable one of my dad to scan and post. Dad was always the one behind the camera, I mean ALWAYS. On a rare occasion, he might hand the camera to someone or set it up for a "selfie but there are not a lot of prints of him that have survived compared to his vacation photos and of course those of my mother, his favourite subject (I posted one that he took of her for Mother's Day).

I chose an oldie, but I've always liked this one, the style, the strut, John, a young man who I would later gratefully know as Dad.

John

(If you're listening Dad) Thanks for getting me started, teaching me the basics and buying me that first (second and third) camera ... and thanks for a whole lot more ...

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment