2011-07-11

Photo of the Week 2011-07-11

the look

On the way home from the Listowel recently, I saw a young daughter and her father working at the end of the lane to their farmhouse. I had passed by but decided to turn around and grab a few images. By the time I got back they had moved quite a way from the road. My 70-200 did not have enough reach for the composition I wanted so this is a significant crop.
The heat haze and a bit 'o post gave me what I was going for ... of course the little lady provided "the look".


Opportunities like this are precisely why I always travel with a camera. It may not be my DSLR with a full range of lenses, but I can say that I never knowingly or willingly travel without at least a compact digital camera. As it happened, I had a photo backpack with some of my better gear with me on this occasion and as already stated, even that did not provide the framing I wanted for this image ... so I made use of the digital darkroom and cropped the portion of the image I visualized at capture.

I made few other exposures of the rural Ontario scene before me, trusting that I was able to capture what I needed in a couple of images. The subjects were retreating up the lane to the farm house and quickly, the moment of interest passed.

up the lane


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment