2010-05-23

Photo of the Week 2010-05-24

On Saturday I went to the McMichael Gallery to take in an unusual exhibit. Following in the Footsteps of the Group of Seven combines photography and the works of the Group of Seven through a selection of photographic images taken by Jim Waddington and his wife Sue, from the same viewpoints where these artists made their now famous sketches and paintings.

The mystery of these locations has always intrigued me. The project undertaken by the Waddingtons has stirred my interest in the the original works and left me with more desire to visit the landscape of Algonquin, Killarney, Algoma and La Cloche for some serious photography ...

Inspired by the concept of painting vs photography (and since I surely cannot paint), I used what tools I have to recreate what I experienced in viewing the exhibit.

badlands (photo & pseudo-paint diptych)


DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment