2010-04-25

Photo of the Week 2010-04-26

... back from a weekend of photography in Algonquin Park. I had forgotten what a picturesque area this park actually is.
A few of us went specifically in search of some images of moose as they become active in the spring and come close to Hwy 60 in the salt laden roadside wetlands to feed. We managed to spot 10 moose (meese?) in total from Friday evening to Sunday morning. Friday evening was the most eventful as far as the moose went but ...

Even in spring, with trees just beginning to bud, there are beautiful images to be made in this part of the Ontario wilderness.

floating rock


... look closely.
This image is actually upside down (intentionally). I made an exposure of the reflection of the evening sky in the open water of one of the bogs in the park. I composed the image with the reflection of the sky dominating the the lower half of the frame. The reflections from the trees cover a rock protruding from the water that looks quite normal when viewed in correct orientation but seems to levitate in my "flipped" image.
This is a technique I choose to use with some of my reflection images. I quite like the effect ... although it drives one of my photographer friends silly with the disorienting perspective.


... here is the image in correct orientation.
I like it too, but for different reasons :-)

DJE

2 comments:

  1. wow Doug I like the upside down one better, didnt know you took pictures great job Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOW! NEAT picutre. crazy idea

    ReplyDelete