2009-12-21

Photo of the Week 2009-12-21

"frigid waters"

Something appropriate for the start of winter... Today is the shortest day of the year with local sunrise and sunset times of 07:51 and 16:48 respectively leaving just 9 hours of sunlight.

The transition from fall to winter is photographically challenging for me. The intense colours of fall have long faded and the clean bright canvas of snow is yet to come ... What to do? I decided to follow a suggestion from photographer Scott Bourne and mount the Lensbaby Composer to see things a little differently. I'm not sure I have the hang of using this lens yet, but experimenting and learning new ways to see is part of the journey.

I shot this on Saturday morning just after 8:00 am on a walkabout with photo buddy Alan Norsworthy (click and check out his work). The sun had just risen over the trees along the Speed River and was spreading a warm glow on the surface of the frigid waters ...

No comments:

Post a Comment