2009-11-22

Photo of the Week 2009-11-23

Montmorency mist
I enjoy going back through my catalogue of images from time to time. Usually I come across something that I have overlooked or that brings back the memory from the original shoot as it was with this image.
Lynn and I were visiting Montmorency Falls during our August vacation in Quebec. I had already grabbed the standard tourist shot of the falls and was looking for something different. I made several images of the plunge pool, mist and turbulence at the bottom of the falls and noticed some smaller streams of water to the side of the main falls. Down the stairs to get closer was perfect for a tighter crop with the mist back-lit by the afternoon sun. I had B&W in mind when I shot this ... it just took me a while to get around to processing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment