2009-11-16

Photo of The Week 2009-11-16

down by the river

There are times when photographic opportunity is born out of failed plans. The plans in this case were to explore a century old stone factory before it is converted to luxury condos, but construction had begun, access would be difficult at best, so we decided to take a walk around the town.
New surroundings always seem to offer more. In this case we came across a riverside trail in town that presented a view to the back side of buildings along a main street. One building in particular caught my eye. I snapped a few shots and was frustrated by the tangle of leaf bare trees blocking clear view. In search of a clear view, we went down by the river ....
I could have stayed much longer, making images of the details, altering composition, taking in the reflections. I like the atmosphere of this shot because to me it has an "old world" feel to it. I just imagine this could be in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment