2023-10-23

Photo of the Week 2023-10-23

 
From the series ' 2023 Bruce Autumn Roads ' featuring favourite roads near our cottage in their fall colours.
 
' 2023 Bruce Autumn Road - XVIII '
Hoping I had not missed peak colour, I made the drive along a favourite, soon to be (seasonally) closed, road near our cottage. Catching autumn foliage at optimum colour and in optimum light is all about timing, part yours and part mother nature's.
 
On this outing, I felt that my timing was slightly off getting the most colourful display and the lighting, though it began with some spotty strong sunlight, ended up being a fair bit more flat than I would have preferred.

That said, a group of three maples I knew of did not disappoint. They were a lovely hue of rich orange when they came into view. The rest of the nearly 10km trek in and out was lovely too, just not as vibrant as the spot captured in the image above.

Last week I wrote about my process of capturing sunset and highlighted that there can be a lot more that simply snapping off a single shot. That was the case for this outing as well. Between the two roads I travelled, I clicked the shutter nearly 80 times. At each spot I pulled the truck over to the roadside, parked with the 4-way flashers on, checked for other vehicles approaching, got out and walked to frame my composition and returned to the vehicle.

Not all of the images I made passed the initial edit. But a lot did and I processed over 2 dozen which are being posted to my online flickr gallery which you can see via the link in the opening line of this post.

DJE

1 comment:

  1. The colours are beautiful, just love fall!

    ReplyDelete