2023-06-12

Photo of the Week 2023-06-12

 
I've been waiting for wildflower season on 'the Bruce' and it's here. In the couple of weeks since my last visit, Yellow Lady's Slipper, Indian Paintbrush, Blue-Eyed Grass and Gay Wings have come into bloom and I'm on the lookout for any opportunity to make unique compositions.

Though I haven't found anything particularly different, I have found the Lady's Slippers somewhat more sparse and Indian Paintbrush more plentiful. At least that's the case in the locations I visit annually this time of year. I also noticed an abundance of Blue-Eyed Grass in a couple of surprise locations, one right out front just off the shoreline. These little beauties close up for the night and in overcast conditions, making them hard to see so I'll have to wait for the sun to come out again for a photo opportunity. In the meantime, there are Lady's Slippers ...

' a bunch of beauties '

DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment