2023-05-22

Photo of the Week 2023-05-22

 
I find engagement and discussion with other creative spirits to be a catalyst for my own work and a case in point are this weeks images ...

Shot back in 2009 during an outing to one of the industrial areas of Hamilton ON, these images have been marinating on a hard drive ever since.
 
' log 'n crate - H '
 
' log 'n crate - V '

So why is it that these now see the light of day? 
 
Well first ... at a recent gathering, a photographer friend mentioned she participated in another group that explores inspiration, creative processes and personal style. My interest to learn more generated an invitation to join an upcoming session and see for myself. During the session, one participant commented on how going back through previous images, after developing new processing skills, could provide a life, or at least new life to those previously overlooked.

Secondly, at an informal coffee shop encounter, there was some discussion about leaving a significant amount of time between image capture and processing. This is something I do not incorporate in any purposeful way. Often I am quite eager to review, process and publish the latest and (what I think is the) greatest of my work. While I don't expect to change my process, I do see merit in going back through past captures with updated vision and skills.

Still, inspired to go back through the image catalogue and have a look, I found this pair of shots and processed entirely in Lightroom, with what I have learned in the years since. Had it not been for recent interactions with others in the photography community, these may have remained there, perhaps indefinitely.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment