2023-05-15

Photo of the Week 2023-05-15

 
' (Even) In the Quietest Moments '

With the wind down and the bay calm, it was just right to sit, have after dinner coffee and let the serenity envelop us.
 
Taking it all in, I was drawn to the shape of the clouds following the profile of the shoreline trees. For the image,I moved along the shore in search of a composition that would offer a little more than a mirror image reflection. In this case the clear waters provide a hint of what lies below and the exposed rock breaks the reflection of the sky over the calm waters. I placed the horizon mid frame to emphasize the symmetry of the reflection.
 
I regularly make images of sunsets along these shores. The colours are without a doubt awesome and I dare day equal to those anywhere in the world. However the colours are not the only draw when in comes to a Lake Huron Sunset.

Title chosen with a nod to Supertramp, thanks for a great song ...
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment