2022-03-14

Photo of the Week 2022-03-14

Revisiting favourite locations at different times of day, in different light, different weather conditions and different seasons provides opportunity to capture some very different images.

I love the view out towards Lake Huron from our location on Hay Bay. Regular followers will recognize it from the many images I have shared here and elsewhere in recent years. So it should come as no surprise that I made several treks out onto the ice this winter in search of compositions of interest.
 
A month ago, I made an image with the setting sun placed behind a crack and thrust up slab of ice. Two weeks later, and at sunrise rather than sunset, I was in that exact same spot, composing images around that same crack and slab of ice.

 
' crack 'n morning sky - H '

 
' crack 'n morning sky - V '

With the sun behind me and obscured by clouds, instead of blazing into my lens, the resulting images are night and day apart. 
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment