2022-02-14

Photo of the Week 2022-02-14

 
Continuing to work with my modified camera (an EOS M converted to dual-spectrum VIS & IR), I explore the potential of infrared during winter ...
 
'Dusky Winter Trail '

Files captured on an infrared modified camera cause me to explore many options and consider different looks. Lately I've been working with a 550nm filter which begins to transmit light in the light green and yellow range up through orange, red into near infrared. Of course the yellow, orange and red are within the visible spectrum and their inclusion adds familiar colours to the file that also includes the colourless (to human eyes) near infrared data.
 
These image files bear no resemblance to the colours seen with my eye and benefit from considerable post processing. Unashamedly, I will experiment with any number of processing programs, plug-ins and presets to create something that satisfies my creative whimsy.

The RAW file for this image received five different treatments of which the "Dusky" version above won out. The others, well, they may just stay on the hard drive as reminders of what the other possibilities are.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment