2022-01-03

Photo of the Week 2022-01-03

 
WELCOME TO 2022 !!
 
Here starts another calendar year for the blog ...
 
With a snowstorm hitting areas of the province south of us, Tobermory was getting just a dusting of the 'white stuff' as the second day of the new year got underway. It was however getting colder (-10*C) and while time will tell if winter is truly ready to settle in, I decided that I needed to get out in the fresh air, so I asked Lynn and Murphy to come with me for a hike to Indian Head Cove. It wold be our fist visit in almost two years.
 
Indian Head Cove 2022-01-02

For the outing, I packed up a variety of photo gear and included the 14mm Rokinon f/2.8. It's not a lens that has seen a lot of use and I intend to work with it more in 2022. Ultra Wide Angle lenses can be utilized to provide some dramatic perspectives and exceptional compositions. They can also be quite challenging to wield given their expansive field of view. Unwanted elements like branches, feet, and tripod legs tend to creep into the edges of the frame when the photographer is not watching 'the edges' closely. There are a host of other considerations a photographer must keep in mind when a UWA is mounted and perhaps I'll discuss these in future posts as I encounter and utilize them.
 
As a beginning, I figured it could inject some interesting creative changes to my process and push me to see and create differently. What a great way to start a new photographic year!
 
DJE

1 comment:

  1. I like how the clouds draw my eyes into the horizon. I feel like I'm sailing towards the horizon...well done! - Sheila C

    ReplyDelete