2022-01-10

Photo of the Week 2022-01-10

 
Lynn suggested a trail in the Arboretum for an afternoon outing and as we started along the first boardwalk, I looked back towards the sun, it was white and bright ... at least it was until I remembered to reset my exposure settings on the camera after it's last use, DOH. Still, I liked the high-key look and decided to work with the resulting image.
 
' white and bright '

For this trek, I decided to continue with my desire to utilize ultra-wide angle lenses more, and mounted the fish-eye on one camera. The distortion with this lens, a Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 fish-eye CSII, is extreme to say the least and as expected, lines at the edges of the frame were severely curved. Earlier in the week I had been watching instructional videos on photography with wide and ultra-wide lenses and recalled one about "de-fishing" an image in Photoshop. This looked like a decent test candidate for the technique so I decided to see if I could achieve a more natural look (aside from the overexposure).
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment