2020-02-10

Photo of the Week 2020-02-10

Finding a waterfall group on Facebook recently has encouraged me to look back on the images I've made over the years ... and in doing that, I'm now thinking that I need to get back to some of these locations and recapture some of that magic.

Seeing images from past work travels to Northern Ontario, and closer to home from outings to locations along the Niagara Escarpment, brought back memories of discovering these locations for the first time. At one point I had thought to seek out many of the falls in Ontario, certainly those closer to home, to experience and photograph them. Along the way, other photographic subject matter grabbed my attention and it's been some time since I've photographed a new (to me) falls. Maybe this year will be a year to pick up the idea again ... and to go back to revisit some of my favourites.

Back in 2008, I had processed a different version of this image, from a slightly different point of view. Fast forward 10+ years and I think I prefer the composition of this capture and decided to process it for release. I hope you like it too.



falls & mill ruins


In digging through the image library, I've discovered additional images that now deserve consideration for processing and, those that require reconsideration, hopefully to improve processing that was applied those years ago.

I expect I'll be posting some of those on my Facebook photography page in future, so stay tuned.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed seeking out the waterfalls up here, so much variety. It was a challenge to learn how to get the 'slow' photos I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading some of your earlier posts about waterfalls FG. The Owen Sound area and all along the escarpment has some beautiful falls to photograph. The silky water comes from slow shutter speeds and requires at least a tripod, if not neutral density filters to knock down the light ... but you know that now.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete