2019-11-25

Photo of the Week 2019-11-25

Departing from my recent string of woodland / forest images, I went on an urban walkabout in Hamilton with Grant, Patrick and my IR camera sporting a 550nm filter. With Alan missing, the ‘4 Musketeers’ became the ‘3 Amigos’ and we spent a couple of hours shooting downtown streets, back alleys and details ...

' zoned '
My objective was to use a 550nm filter (which allows a portion of visible light to pass) and find a unique "look" with through post-processing. It was less 'work' than I anticipated. Post processing involves a little saturation boost and some tonal contrast. I used a couple of presets in a lesser-known Photoshop plug-in, Smart Photo Editor by Anthropics. I'll be experimenting to recreate this look in ON1 Photo Raw.

Here's a collage of some images from the outing.



DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment