2019-11-04

Photo of the Week 2019-11-04

Words from a post two weeks ago ...

"Fall is a great time to get out and work on forest scenes here in Ontario, and then it can be almost too easy when fall colours are at their peak. Pointing the camera almost anywhere when you're in or near a forest can result in some striking photos. The colours are always inspiring and it's great getting out to bask in the forest, taking in the sounds, the sights, the smells and it's healing goodness ...
... As I strive to translate what I feel into a finished image, it's taking quite a bit of work, quite a bit of time and ... I just don't have anything ready to share for this week's photo. But soon, I hope." 

This week, I think I have something ready.

Recently I had decided to get out more, specifically to work on my woodland photography. A foggy fall morning provided a great opportunity, and, after a good while of being preoccupied by just the glorious combination of sun and mist in a local wood lot, I got down to it. The original goal was to create something more purposeful, more compelling, more than just a pretty snap of the sun and mist. I wanted to work a composition that spoke differently of the woodland, one that told a story.

sign post

Working alone for the most part, I find it very helpful to study the work of other photographers. Sometimes this is simply viewing their images but with all that is available today, I'm finding YouTube to be a great resource. Often as I work through my image catalogue, downloading the latest shoot or editing a particular image, I have a YouTube video playing. It could be music, it could be a comedy skit, often it is something from another photographer.

These guys have been my latest inspiration ...

Simon Baxter   Thomas Heaton   Adam Gibbs   Gavin Hardcastle 

Thanks lads !

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment