2018-05-28

Photo of the Week 2018-05-28


Most images don't come to me, I have to go out and find them.

Huron Fog Bank

... returning from a midge fly and black fly shortened photo outing down the highway to capture roadside wildflowers backlit by the evening light, my eye was scanning around as I tried to think of somewhere else to suitably scratch the photographers itch.

It can be challenging when the itch strikes and nothing to photograph is at hand or immediately comes to mind. When I got the itch Saturday, I decided to wait until after dinner when the setting sun would backlight some patches of Indian Paintbrush that have started blooming along the east side of Hwy 6 about 30 km south of Tobermory.

While I was able to make some images there, I wasn't prepared for the swarming midge flies and black flies, so I made it quick and headed back somewhat unsatisfied. Rather than pack it in, I kept looking and thinking of where else I could go. The answer came as I approached Tobermory and noticed fog at the end of Hwy 6 (the Gap) and thought of the potential for an image over the water with backlighting from the setting sun.

... itch scratched.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment