2017-11-27

Photo of the Week 2017-11-27

Well it's that time of year again ... The image selections are made, they have been prepared and uploaded for printing of my annual 'Through the Seasons' calendar.

For several years now, I've published a calendar of images made during a prior calendar year, selecting one from each of the months they represent in the calendar. At first, just a few were printed, growing to around a dozen so I would have some to give away as family Christmas gifts. Eventually I ordered more to have some that I could sell here and there. This year`s order of only 25 is over half spoken for by family and one client. 

Here is a collage of the 2018 version.


First I used Black's (now defunct) online service to publish and print, moving to a service in France for one year (didn't like the European paper sizing) and for the last couple of years, Vistaprint has been the choice.

Selecting the image is always a trip down memory lane. Even though the images have been from that latest full year past, as I look through the catalogue, I`m reminded of so may good times and even find some "gems in the rough" to work on later. Many images are not suitable for selection because of the horizontal format I select for the finished product and every year I think of switching to vertical orientation ... but again, not this year.

For the Vistaprint service, I prepare each processed image and size it in preparation for addition of a custom coloured border-background. I then add my signature template and copyright notice, title the image with location it was made. The addition of location was a request made by several who have had the calendar in the past. The process is the same for each image so I created a Photoshop action to take care of the repetition, though each year I tweak things a bit.

Final Note: Last year, I made the mistake of not proofing all of the calendars as soon as I received them and there was a problem with streaking on some images, but I'm gonna give Vistaprint another go, keep my fingers crossed and check them thoroughly when they arrive..

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Must be a good photographer taking the images!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL FG, I wish I knew who it was. Maybe they could teach me a thing or two.
      Cheers!
      D

      Delete