2017-07-31

Photo of the Week 2017-07-31

I decided to change things up this weekend, not go to the cottage and spend the time paying visits to a couple of friends ...

On Saturday morning, Lynn and I headed to Paris, ON to visit 'Piper & Oak", the Home Decor and Furniture store owned by a couple of friends. I missed their 1 yr Anniversary when I was on vacation over the July 1 Holiday and was long overdue to pop in and say hi.

We decided to go early and have breakfast in town then walk around for a while exploring. I decided to take my infrared converted camera for a different look to the images I might make. A change of scenery, a different camera have a way of getting the creative juices flowing and Saturday it was no different.

River Walker
Made while we sat on the deck of 2 Rivers Restaurant waiting for breakfast to arrive, the sun was shining warm and bright, fly fisherman were working the pools and eddies along a wide shallow section of the Grand River when one decided to walk along to the next promising spot.

The surreal quality of IR images processed in false colour or B&W always awakens my vision, causing me to look at things differently, making me pre-visualize while I scan the scene looking for compositions with potential.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment