2017-02-06

Photo of the Week 2017-02-06

Following on the heels of my mid-week post (rant actually) about a favourite piece of digital image processing software not getting any attention from now parent company Google, I wanted to share some images processed in another software product, OnOne Photo Raw. I've owned OnOne Photo through versions 7, 8, 9, 10 and now RAW and have used it infrequently. As powerful an image editing suite OnOne is, I'd previously defaulted to my go-to software, Nik  plugins because I like them so much.

Given that an update to those favoured plugins seems very unlikely, I've begun to familiarize myself with some other choices like Topaz and OnOne in case I'm forced to make a switch at some point. Learning new software can be both interesting and frustrating at the same time. 

While working on some recent images in OnOne Photo Raw to create a dim, gritty feel, I was frequently taken down a dead-end path but found new looks and subtleties along the way. These images were shot while on a break from work, in an area of a facility that has been dormant for several years. I had been meaning to do this for a while and now that it's undergoing some work to bring a portion back to life, I though I better get it done while the dim, dormant atmosphere was still there.

slumbering beast

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment