2016-04-25

Photo of the Week 2016-04-25

Sunsets come in many different varieties. Each one has it's own character, unique colour palette and it's own mood. Some are bold and brash. They blaze into existence demanding your attention, daring you to ignore them. Some go completely hidden behind thick layers of cloud or obscured by heavy weather. They come and go without so much as a word, saving their splendour for another time. Those that are shy try to slip by unnoticed, blushing with embarrassment when they catch your eye.

A couple of times this weekend, I found myself standing, looking at a familiar scene, taking in all that I could and wondering how to make an image that would convey what I was feeling. Saturday evening was one of those times when, after dinner, I wandered down to waters edge, making my way over the now partially submerged rock to catch one of those shy sunsets that almost slipped past.

descending blue
'Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.'   -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Makes me stop and think about sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FG, Sunsets are always a great time to sit and ponder.
      D

      Delete