2016-03-14

Photo of the Week 2016-03-14

I've been down with a cold since last weekend. Finally starting to feel better by Saturday, I had to play catch up with preparation for our kitchen reno that starts on Wednesday. That meant clearing out the garage to make space for our old cabinets to be stored until they head off to a new home and making sure we were prepared to take delivery of new appliances in about a week. This left little time or energy for a photo outing this week ... so it was back to the photo library.

While having coffee Sunday morning, I started browsing back through my photo library and wondered what I was up to last year at this time. I checked and came up with an interesting image from a morning drive where I was racing sunrise.

mystic morning
What I was doing was racing to get to a decent location with an interesting foreground, before I lost the colours and patterns in the morning sky. If I recall correctly, I was on my way in to the office for work, having chosen the more leisurely backroad route. When I noticed the sky, I re-routed a bit to a location I had visited before at sunrise. I found this old tree and fallen limb at the edge of a farm field and stopped to make the shot. Dressed in casual shoes and pants, I waded through knee high snow in the roadside ditch so I could get a composition shooting over the fence so it was removed from the shot.

I think my shoe came off in the snow a couple of times as I tried to get back to my vehicle. I remember turning on the heater and resting my foot by the vent for a few minutes to warm it up and dry my sock before continuing my otherwise uneventful morning commute.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment