2015-07-27

Photo of the Week 2015-07-27

The Peace of The North

I used the phrase "The Peace of The North" recently in an email to a friend when referring to an impending departure to the cottage. Thinking about it more, there really is a different feeling to everything when I am up north. I've been fortunate to experience it regularly in the couple of years since we got the cottage.

Even simple morning walks along the cottage road hold a peace that makes them quite a different experience from my walks at home. Everything just seems ... well, different. The sounds, the air, the light ... particularly morning and evening light. And what a great thing that is for photography, when the golden hours hold just a little more magic.

A morning walk with Murphy is always a great start to the day. His eager, bouncy approach to walks can be contagious, no matter what the weather and the location. When it's up north, with sunlight cresting over the trees, I'm eager too. I know that in the fresh morning air and warmth of the sun there more of "The Peace of The North" ...

Morning's Peace
... and I'll take all I can get, though Murphy my prefer that I stopped a little less to make photographs ;-)

DJE

2 comments:

  1. There is a beautiful feel of lushness in this image, like one would be able to grab into the image.
    A beautiful one with great composition and light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick. It makes me long to be back there.

      Delete