2013-04-08

Photo of the Week 2013-04-08

Last week I was digging through the 2009 archives looking for an image that a friend from work had given me to work on. The search provided an opportunity to relive some memories of locations, events and subjects that I had captured back then. During the process, I made note of number of images and outings that I need to revisit and work on or assemble into sets. I opened several images in Photoshop as I went along so I could look at them later.

I left the images open in Photoshop for quite a while and kept coming back to one from a trip to the Muskoka Wildlife Centre. There I had the opportunity to enter an enclosure and photograph a pair of wolves with nothing between us other than their domain. It was a close up shot that had my attention, head on as one wolf stared me down. I was close enough that the nose was mostly out of the shot and what was in the frame was out of focus. Still, there was something about the image that kept drawing me back to it. It may be that I wish I had been able to get the full face in frame and in sharp focus, but I think in the end it was the eyes, those wild eyes.

Wild Eyes
D

No comments:

Post a Comment