2013-04-01

Photo of the Week 2013-04-01

On the Good Friday holiday, with a warm, sunny, spring day at hand, Lynn and I were looking for somewhere new to go for a hike. I recalled a friend mentioning the annual hawk watch held at Beamer Conservation Area and suspected there would be a number of trails there to suit our purpose. So off we went to Grimsby with Murphy and a little bit of camera gear. 

There were many people out enjoying the trails in the conservation area which lead along 40 Mile Creek Valley, the edge of the Niagara escarpment and connect to the main Bruce Trail. Although we did not see many raptors soaring north along the Niagara Escarpment during our visit, we enjoyed the hike and the views from the numerous lookouts along the way.


TO Skyline
I had not expected such a clear view of the Toronto skyline across the western end of Lake Ontario and used my telephoto zoom lens to capture this scene at 300 mm on my 7D. I like the blue hues and softness created by the haze and clear skies.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Grimsby, now your in God country my friend!

    Bruce trail, did you see any TOB markings up there? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little coolpix can't compete with an SLR, even with a Canon...
    Was nice to see it in the binoculars though.
    You should have gone to the lake shore in Grimsby. With the ducks chattering around, it was a beautiful atmosphere too.

    ReplyDelete